A Few Gestalta Related Notes



This blog has moved house...

You can now read it all over at http://gestalta.co.uk/blog

^_^

Wednesday 20 May 2015

Cradle of Filth – Right Wing of the Garden Tryptich…


Still in Japan! But in Matsusaka now, I’ll be heading to Kyoto and Osaka soon. Super excited! But here’s another video (2 in a row)!

This is the new video for “Right Wing of the Garden Tryptich” the first single from Cradle of Filth’s new album, which I worked on (third one in a year… wheee!) :)

This was an interesting experience for me for a number of reasons. When the director, Sam Scott-Hunter, first contacted me, it was to work as a rigger or as a self suspension artist… but as we discussed the project, I realised that for reasons of practicality (not least that a lot of the ideas that popped into my head were a bit tough, and there was a definite possibility that many of the sequences would have to be repeated several times for the filming) that it would be a lot easier for me to model myself and get another rigger in. However, Sam and I still emailed at length about the project; I developed the concepts for the bondage myself, and we worked it into the video together… which was a process that I really enjoyed being a part of and gave me quite a lot of insight.
It was also interesting because Cradle of Filth were a band that I, and everyone else I knew growing up, had always been familiar with… so it was quite surreal to see Dani Filth, (still instantly recognisable even without all the make-up, walking into the studio). He’d been quite heavily involved in the look of the video himself, and was a really nice person to work with. We spent a bit of time talking about Japan also, which has become topical, because I’m here!

Enjoy!

via Gestalta http://ift.tt/1FBAgl2

No comments:

Post a Comment